Oct 12, 2010

Mr. Pumpkin Head

As part of our body parts themed activities, I made a Mr. Pumpkin Head game for John to play with. It was really easy to make! I printed a picture of a pumpkin (just did a google search!) and found printable Mr. Potato Head parts from 2 Teaching Mommies. I also found funny faces from Missie Krissie and printed those out. After cutting out the body parts and laminating them (thanks to my $5 laminator I found at a garage sale! so exciting!!!), I attached them to magnets.



What type of magnets you might ask? These bad boys.



Yep- I used advertising magnets. Free! Awesome!

And ta da...a magnetic Mr. Pumpkin Head game! Easy and green to boot! Since these magnets won't scratch up my fridge, John can play on the fridge or he can play in the living room using a baking pan. Think of all the creative possibilities John has!






If I was super motivated, I could find more pictures to make different faces (more arms, feet, etc)...but I am not that motivated when I stop and think about it! :)

And PS, since John is young, I decided against the traditional pumpkin face pieces (triangles, etc) because I didn't know if he would know where to put those. But that would be cute for older kids too!



I link up to these parties!

12 comments:

  1. I couldn't resist..spread the word on facebook, twitter, and of course on my friday Halloween idea post (your 3rd idea! =) Ha!)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, thank you SO much for this! I can't wait to do this with my Little Man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving MR Pumpkin head!!! What a brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what an adorable idea! Love the pumpkin! Wish I had a laminator for $5. Wow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!! Visiting from Whatever Goes Wednesday @ http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! love it...now if only I could make it before the season is over....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable. My kids would have fun with this for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo cute!...visiting from Sew Much Ado....I thought this was like a cookie cake at first, and I was thinking man she's got some patience to do all that out of icing...lol....now I want cookiecake... Anyway...hope you'll link this up to my DIY Halloween Party & Tutu Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THIS! I will be printing all of this out today. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Love it. You could do this with a turkey, santa clause, snowman, rudolph, heart, shamrock, there are so many! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)