Oct 4, 2010

Candy Corn Letter Matching

I am so proud of myself! I actually sat down and planned two activities for John for almost every day this month. Wowzas! I decided our main theme for the month would be body part since we can do lots of fun halloween themed activites and arts and crafts while at the same time naming our hands, feet, eyes, mouth...well you know what body parts are out there! :)

We are also 'reviewing' other concepts such as letters, shapes, colors, etc throughout the month. So here is one activity for this week I am going to share (and post to TeachersPayTeachers!!). I made up this Candy Corn Letter Matching game. Just print out two copies, cut out the candy corns and let the kiddos match up the letters. Pretty easy! I only made letters A - I because John can only handle so many pieces at once...and I got lazy since I knew he wouldn't use all 26 letters! If I get a chance to make the rest of the letters, I will post those later.


(click on image to save and use!)

Other ways to use this:
**memory game for older kids

**super challenge for older kids- print THREE copies and play memory, making a set of three instead of a pair

**cut each candy corn in half vertically (or horizontally I guess!) and make a puzzle to match up the pieces to form the letters

**have younger children put the candy corn in alphabetical order

**put tape on the back of the candy corn and 'tag' things around the house that start with that letter

Can you think of other uses? If so, let me know! :)

I link up to these parties!

3 comments:

  1. those are super cute!

    Another idea:
    find the letters of your name
    put them in a pile at the end of a hallway and skip, crawl, or run to the end to grab a certain letter
    Match the candy corn to a brown "trick or treat bag" with the same letter on it or the lowercase version

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love all your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just shared this at We Teach in the Alphabet Group. =) www.weteach.ning.com

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)