Jan 23, 2012

rainBOW Baby Shower

We have another guest post today! Yay! My sister, Emily, from Refreshingly Chic, is here to show off her fabulous 'Somewhere over a RainBOW' baby shower. I love how everything turned out (and I am only a tad biased!). I also designed her invitations so I am more than a tad biased about those. So, please welcome Miss Emily!

One of my great friends, Stefanie, is having a baby girl in March and I helped throw a baby shower for her at my house over the weekend.
We wanted to do something different that we haven’t seen all of Pinterest (love) and that we haven’t already seen at our own friends’ showers… so we came up with a build a bow collection.  My sister, Jen, helped design our ADORABLE invitations.  I got TONS of compliments on them and everyone seemed to love the theme.  So happy with the outcome!


em_finalinvite copy



A few months ago I saw a picture of a string of origami bows and I knew I wanted to do that as part of the décor.  I didn’t think it would be so hard to find a video on how to make these but it was!  After some research, the bows were made and ready to go.IMGP1451IMGP1452
These bows added with some balloons were the main decoration for the fireplace and mantel area, which is where we put all of Stefanie’s presents.
IMGP1490IMGP1493IMGP1494IMGP1495
The activity for the shower was a RainBOW of blessings.  I cut out a bow shape and traced it onto 6 different pieces of scrapbook paper and cut those out (duh).  I made a chalkboard and bow holder and put the instructions to write a blessing on a bow and using a baby clothespin attach it to the bow holder for Stef to take home.  Stef had mentioned to me a month ago that she wanted to make a bow holder that she found on Pinterest, but little did she know I already made it for her!


IMGP1502IMGP1503IMGP1504


*Check out Refreshingly Chic and like them on Facebook to find out how to make the bow holder and chalkboard yourself!*
As you can see there is also a wreath in the decorations.  I have a SLIGHT wreath obsession, so what better to do than make one for Stefanie to use at the hospital and then in her home!  I bought some white yarn that has a glimmer of iridescent to it and wrapped the whole wreath in it.  Then using the Cricut I made a banner that spelled out Baby Girl.  I got the letter A and painted it red to match her nursery and my lovely husband wired it on there and Wah-Lah!  Wreath complete.
IMGP1497IMGP1498
One of the hostess made a diaper cake and another made favors for our guests.  The favors were Rice Krispie treats, YUM.
IMGP1508IMGP1509IMGP1511IMGP1510
Next was the food.  We had about 25-30 people RSVP and it was from 1-3pm so we wanted to make sure people got plenty of options.  On Pinterest I saw a rainbow of fruit with marshmellows as the clouds so I knew that I wanted to do that.  Sara, hostess, made the cupcakes and made the cupcake toppers, which I thought were perfect for the shower theme.  Sadly, I couldn’t eat one, but I am sure they were delish!  I also added balloons entering the room with the food.  I never get to use balloons with shower so I used them a lot! ha!
IMGP1505IMGP1512IMGP1513IMGP1514
Here are some pictures of my sweet Emma playing with my friend Kendra’s baby, Asher.  They were too cute together!  And, of course, some pictures of Stef opening presents.
IMGP1516IMGP1517IMGP1518IMGP1520IMGP1523IMGP1526IMGP1529
Hope you enjoyed the shower!!!



Thanks again to Em for being here today! Be sure to check out her facebook page Refreshingly Chic...and after you check out mine of course! :)

Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!

2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable theme!! I love this--and those invitations are so incredibly sweet! Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a great shower and seems all were happy to be the part of this shower and its very nicely decorated.Winnie the pooh theme

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)