Sep 10, 2012

Putting Sorting Skills to Good Use

The other day Matthew rolled off the couch (while horseplaying of course) and started to cry. To get him to stop crying I asked him 'Do you want to help Mommy empty the dishwasher?'. He amazingly said yes. What a weirdo!

So I told him to pull up a chair, handed him the silverware basket and said 'Have fun sorting!'. Obviously, I didn't give him the steak knives. He put them all away perfectly and was a happy little boy. He would sometimes put them in the wrong spot, say 'noooooo', and then correct himself. It was pretty cute and helpful!





Maybe I should put the plastic dishes on a bottom cabinet so he can put those away next!

Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. Hope it lasts. Having had 2 boys I'm thinking: perhaps I didn't start young enough. Well, do/overs are not possible now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)