Here is the before: (with a bit of a mess!)
and here is the after:
I used the Sure Cuts Alot and my Cricut to cut out the numbers onto freezer paper. Then I ironed the freezer paper to the fronts of the bins as best as I could. The fabric on the bins wasn't flat so I couldn't get a really good seal.
Then I painted with white paint. (Truth be told, I ran out of white fabric paint so one of the numbers is painted with...ACRYLIC!!! shhhhhhhh).
Once I removed the freezer paper, I was done!
The paint bled a little in a couple spot since I could get the freezer paper to iron very well to the bins, but if you are using regular fabric you shouldn't have the bleeding. And unless you are examining these bins up close, you can't tell they aren't perfect. And if you are the type of person to examin toy bins, you probably aren't my friend and won't be at my house anyways. Sooooo...no issues there!
The next time John saw these, he immediately said 'Hey! You put numbers on these!'. So, they definitely make an impact on the area...at least to a 2 year old.
Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!