Jan 19, 2011

Workout Wednesday #1

Ok, so I am just going to jump right into some workouts for you! But, first, let me just say that my workouts the last couple days were the best I have had in a LONG time simply because I planned my workout prior to going to the gym. Duh. Why didn't I do this before? So now instead of just kind of wandering around thinking 'what should I do now?', I have my set workouts that I do and then head home. Easy peasy and it is so much more effective! So if you are in a workout slump, try writing out a plan. I am also keeping track of how many sets I did and how much weight so I can see my progress over the next couple weeks (because I am a nerd like that!).

I realized that telling you all the workouts I did over the past week is kind of ridiculous and quite overzealous on my part. Instead, I will just share a couple each Wednesday and then we can build a nice little repertoire.

Here are a couple that are easy to do in your own home (which I did last night when sweet Matthew went to bed a little later than usual and I didn't want to go to the gym that late).

1. Squats with hammer curls: Using light weights, start with feet together, arms down by sides. Squat while completing a hammer curl. Then step to the right and squat with legs wide with hammer curl. Repeat back to center and to the left. So, one rep is a total of 4 squats. Try to do 3 sets of 10.

2. Lunge/Squat/Lunge: Start with feet together, light weights optional. Lunge to the front with right leg, then bring right leg to the side to do a plie' squat, then bring the right leg back to do a back lunge. That is one rep, then going straight into the foward lunge to start the 2nd rep. Do 10 on the right, then 10 on the left.

3. Jump Squats: Start with feet shoulder-width apart and complete 5 jump squats (from squatting position jump up and land back in squat). On 5th jump squat, jump so that you are now facing the right and do 5 jump squats. Repeat back to center, left, and center. Do this 2 or 3 times.

4. Hopping: Hop on R foot for 30 seconds. Try to hop slightly side to side. Repeat on L for 30 seconds.

Hope these work for you! Did you do a workout that you found challenging this week? I would love to hear about it!

...and just so you know, I am not claiming to be a pro at workouts or a certified trainer. You are completing all these workouts at your own risk!


I link up to these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)