Mar 14, 2014

30th Birthday Celebration



My youngest sister, Emily, turns the big 3-0 this month. Along with my other sister and mom, we tried to think of something fun to do for her birthday. Way back when I turned 30, they made me a book of letters from friends which was so sweet! We threw Allison a surprise dessert party for her 30th birthday. Being that Emily's husband is throwing her a party already, we racked our brains for something special to do for Emily. We decided upon a surprise girls' night out- pedicures, shopping, dinner, drinks, and a night at a hotel. Super fun, right?!

In order to have this pulled together in a way that makes sense, Al and I made up '30 things to do in 30 days before you turn 30'. It worked perfectly because we had the surprise night exactly 30 days before Em was to turn 30.



We started with a lunch at Allison's to celebrate Em's and my dad's birthday. This is nothing out of the ordinary so Emily didn't suspect a thing. In fact, when we gave her the list for her present, with the note 'we will cross off at least 5 things from your list today', she was quite confused!


Thankfully my mom made her a little certificate listing out what we were doing, which is when it finally clicked in her cute little brain. 




Her hubby had her bag packed in the car ready to go so we took off for a girls' day right after lunch. First stop was pedicures. 


What is a girl's day without shopping? and price checks? 


We got all dolled up at the hotel before a nice dinner out in Fort Worth. 



After dinner we checked up the newly updated Sundance Square, braved taking a picture in the fountains, and got drinks at a local bar. That's right folks, we went to a BAR! And stayed out until TEN PM! How crazy are we when we don't have kids with us?! :) 




So, perhaps we were all asleep by 10:30. Whatevs. However, we were also all awake at 3:00 am when a guy in a nearby room was not too happy with his girlfriend and was shouting at the top of his lungs. I felt like I was back in college again with all the crazy drama! :)

In the morning we headed back to my mom's house where my dad had a yummy breakfast waiting for us: donuts, corn muffins, pancakes, and bacon. The table was set and everything, perhaps proving my dad is a lot of time on his hands how that he is retired. :)






We had a great time with the four gals. I hope Em enjoyed her special day...and she completes her '30 to do in 30 before 30'! 


 Happy Birthday, Em!!! I love you!












Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!

3 comments:

  1. Could you post the entire list? My 30th is coming up and I LOVE your list but I can't see the last few items! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u post or send the list I turn 30 in April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing idea! Would it be possible to please share your list? It is hard to read. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)