Jan 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Activities

I went to Dollar Tree (who doesn't love that store?!) looking for Valentine's Day stuff before it was all gone. I found a couple things to use with John John when we get closer to Valentine's Day, but I thought I would share my ideas so you can get the supplies before they are sold out!



Heart Picks: I found these cute felt heart picks. I am not sure why they are called picks, but whatever. I am going to find a tall plastic container and kindly ask my hubby to poke holes in so John can practice his cute little fine motor skills by putting the sticks in the holes. They had the same picks but with glitter hearts but that would mean I would see glitter all over the house for weeks so thankfully I saw the felt version tucked in the back of a rack somewhere! :)

Heart Containers: I am going to put chocolate in these heart containers (which I also got while I was there) and hide them around the room. Then John can go on a Heart Hunt! He LOVES chocolate right now so I bet he will love this game! We can also use them for counting especially if you take the containers apart to double the hearts.

Heart Foam Stickers: This is a bag of lots of heart stickers. (How descriptive was that?!?!) I am thinking we can do sorting, patterns, graphing, matching, writing letters on the hearts and matching it to the lower case version, etc. We can also use them for making Valentine's for the family.

Do you have ideas for ways to use these items? Did you find other items at the stores now for Valentine's Day activities? I would love to hear from you since I am not super creative right now. :)


I link up to these parties!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE VALENTINES
    FAVORITE
    FAVORITE
    FAVORITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute ideas! thanks for sharing! I'll definitely have to go to Dollar Tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen!

    Forwarding you Stylish Blogger Award! Enjoy! :)
    http://willowatsquidoo.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Dollar Store too! Need to get there before all the Vday items get picked over. Hoping to find ST. Patty's Day too. Thanks for reminding me to get there! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dollar stores can have such great homeschooling supplies! and Vday is always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I'm hitting the dollar tree tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)