Aug 30, 2010

Gap Inspired Baby Jeans

I went shopping today and saw these cute jeans at babyGap:



I thought I could use some of John's old jeans to make cute jeans like these for Matthew. Using freezer paper and white paint, this is what I came up with in all of 20 minutes.



These were some practice jeans because I don't think Matthew will ever fit into them! He is so dang big! I am not really a big fan of skulls and I wanted to use an easy stencil so I chose stars. A bonus was that I had a star punch so I didn't have to cut each one out! I used a sponge brush with VERY little paint to make it look distressed, although you can't really tell in the picture.

My model was sleeping the whole time, so here is the best way I could show them off! haha!



If I had to do it again I would put more stars across the pants. My excuse though is the star punch broke so I stopped making stars since these were just practice jeans. :) But I bet all you crafty people out there can come up with something awesome and I would love to see it if you do!

I link up to these parties!

4 comments:

  1. Love it when you can save so much money on baby clothes! Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super cute! I think I'll try that on one of the kids old shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love how simple and cute it is!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable! I think this is perfect to make across the bottom of a jean skirt I am making from a pair of my old jeans for my daughter. I think hearts or something, stars or maybe even peace signs(which she loves right now)in a rainbow of colors. Again thanks. I love your blog by the way.

    I am linkin this post to my facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/kc.griffin1

    I hope that you don't mind me sharing your bloggy love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)