Every time I walk in the living room, the mantel just pops and I love it. It may 'pop' because nothing else is hanging up in our house yet, but whatevs.
Here is how you can make one for your own home:
-poster/print of the flag (get yours FREE below!)
-spare board cut to size
-white paint and paint brush
-mod podge and brush
1. Print the flag image either as a poster or photo. I printed mine at Walmart as a poster for about $13. Luckily the Walmart near me has same-day pick up available so I ordered it online and Brad picked it up for me while he was out at night. (Isn't he the sweetest assistant?!) Feel free to save and use this image. I created it using Photoshop Elements.
2. Cut your board to size. Then paint the edges and sides white and let it dry.
3. Brush a layer of mod podge on your board and then press your poster onto the board. Smooth out any bubbles and let dry.
See how shiny and neat it looks? We will fix that right now...
4. Use your sander or sand paper to distress the edges and across the flag. Distress as much as or as little as you wish!
I love how distressed and worn the the corners are!
5. Seal with another coat of mod podge on the top of your flag. Let dry. (actually, I skipped this step because I was being lazy. Usually I would seal my signs)
Now, a cute project just about doesn't get any easier than that!
The 4th of July word art was found at The Crafting Chicks where they so kindly shared the printable for free!
If you make one, be sure to let me know because I would love to see how it turns out. You can even post it to my facebook page for all to see!
Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!