Sep 7, 2011

Teacher Present

I decided to go ahead and give John's preschool teacher a gift the first week of school. I really don't want to be a brown-noser, but I thought John's teacher might like to feel appreciated the first week of school. Plus I used materials I had at home so it just took up a little of my time to put together.

I saw a monogram made of buttons on pinterest and thought it would be easy enough to make. Here is how mine turned out.



This is how I made it:

1. I took a piece of cardboard and used spray glue to cover it with a scrap piece of fabric. I know cardboard is kind of weird to use, but when I was teaching I always hung things on my wall with pushpins. (My principal wouldn't even allow staples in the walls so think he would crap his pants if he knew I used nails to hang some heavier frames!) So I thought it would be good to use something light to hang in the classroom.





2. I printed the outline of an L, cut it out, and traced it onto the fabric. I eyeballed the center which means of course it was off center.



3. Then I used my handy dandy glue gun and went to town gluing buttons in the traced area.





4. I used a piece of scrap ribbon to tie in a bow and hot glue to the back of the board for hanging.



See, I knew this would be easy to create! I think it is pretty (minus the glue everywhere. I was kind of sloppy). It also reminds me of something you would find in a baby nursery so this project is quite versatile. Hopefully John's teacher likes it. If she doesn't, we can just pretend John made it instead of me.

Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)