Apr 3, 2010

Girly Bib

Remember my last stab at using old shirts to make a bib? Well, we can't leave out the girls for cute bibs, now can we? So, here is bib #2! This one actually turned out super cute, if I do say so myself, and I can actually try to sell this one at the craft show. Here are the steps to make this bib using an old shirt, ribbon, and a towel...

1. Use a bib on hand, trace the shape onto your material. I used an old shirt that didn't fit anymore. Side note...why in the world did I ever wear a shirt with this pattern?! How ugly for a shirt! Cute for a bib though! :)



2. I looked through my messy stash of ribbon and decided to use hot pink and brown dot ribbon for embellishment. I also tied a cute little bow in the top pink ribbon to make it a tad more girly. Pin the ribbon in place and then sew along the edges of the ribbon.





4. Pin the bib to your backing material, right sides together. I used a towel that had matching colors. Perfect for a messy baby!



5. Sew around the edges, leaving a hole to turn the bib right side out. I always forget when to stop sewing, so I make an 'x' with my pins to remind me to keep that hole!

6. Trim around the edges of the backing material and then flip right side out. I used a pointed stick thingy to get the neck pieces nice and neat around the corners.



7. Pin the opening and then top stitch around the entire bib, making sure to close the opening as you sew. I used hot pink thread to put a little more color on the bib.

8. Add in some velcro (or snaps). This time I used thread that would blend into the bib- a light beige color.



Done and done!!! Super easy and super cute! If this doesn't sell, then it goes to my sweet niece, Bella!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! And looks vaguely familiar ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I don't remember that shirt at all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable. i love the boy one too! Too cute that I wouldn't let my baby wear it and get food all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! following you back! This bib is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by a bit late from Follow Me Friday at Trendy Treehouse. I'm now following your blog! Hope you can come by and follow me back. :)

    http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com

    I have a couple giveaways going on right now - one is for a $10 shopping spree at the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop, and the other is for a handmade greeting card, a $5 Starbucks gift card, and a surprise! I hope you'll come enter! :)



    That is SUCH a cute bib! I absolutely love it!! Tres chic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be hard to find a bib this cute in stores, and why spend the $$$ when you can make it at home!

    Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)